Potter RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To structure the lives of your Harry Potter OCs.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RP Games and Stuff!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 08:20

AWWWWWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 08:54

Childhood had ended for Evangeline at age six, exactly. One day, in mid-September, she had woken very early, to find a little girl not much older than herself lighting her fire for her. This was strange, she thought: every morning when she awoke in winter, the fire was already lit. Was it broken? Why was this little girl here instead of a grown up? Sitting up in bed, she frowned and addressed the child.
"Why are you lighting my fire?"
The surprised girl replied, humbly, that she did this every morning. Evangeline continued her questioning of the girl for another ten minutes, learning all about the servants who ran her home almost invisibly. As if by magic.
"Do you never get to play?"
Oh no, the little girl didn't get playtime. She worked all day from Monday to Saturday, and on Sunday she went to church in the morning and slept the rest of the day, so tired she was from her week and in preparation of the next. This fascinated Evangeline.
"Today you will not work, we will go and play together."
She had informed the surprised servant primly. And play they did. She ran from her room before her usual maid came in to do her hair and dress her prettily, hair flowing freely with all of its kinks and curls left in, in the simplest dress she owned. Unaware of the frenzied search back at her house, she and the servant girl played as if they had never played before, nor ever would again. Evangeline had never been so messy; rolling down hills and playing in the leaves, scratching her name in the bark of trees and lying in the damp grass, cloud-watching. Indeed, when she and the servant girl returned for some lunch, they were met with relief and anger. With no lunch, Evangeline's mother grabbed her by the hand and dragged her upstairs to her bedroom.

"Where on earth have you been Evangeline? We have been worried sick! You could have been dead for all we knew! And now you come back absolutely covered in mud and goodness knows what else! What were you doing with that little maid?" She screeched, clearly livid. Evangeline took a step back from her mother, shrinking.

"We were playing." She replied in a small, timid voice.

"Playing? You were playing with that little guttersnipe? What kind of playing gets you soaked to the bone, covered in grass and mud, hair all tangled - that is how she plays, how servant-girls play, not little girls like you!"

"But Mummy, Tess and I were only-"

"You do not call that girl Tess. She is a maid. You do not call her anything. Listen to me, Evangeline, little girls like you do not go out and roll in the mud like pigs. You do not go outside with your hair a mess and your socks crooked. You do not 'play' with servants. Is that understood?"

"Then... who do I play with?" Evangeline asked, turning her face up to her mother with large, innocent eyes that threatened to brim with tears. Her mother's face held no sympathy.

"You play inside, by yourself. You have dolls, puzzles, games-"

"Who do I play my games with, though? Why don't I have friends, mummy?"

Ilse, her mother, looked down at her with cold eyes. "You may ask your father or I to play your games in the evenings. Your dolls and puzzles you play with alone. You will have friends when you go to school. Do you understand, Evangeline? Servants are not your friends. THey are staff. We employ them. They are paid to work, not be your 'friends'. Now wait at your dressing table and Miss Abele will come and do your hair and dress you properly."

Nodding, the little girl walked slowly to her dressing table and sat down in the chair. Her mother nodded and went to the door. Before she could leave, Evangeline turned in her seat.

"Can we play tonight, mummy?"

"You are learning your lessons tonight, Evangeline, as you missed them this morning."

Just as she was about to close the door, Ilse popped her head back into the room. Evangeline's heart leaped, thinking that perhaps her mother had changed her mind.

"And you are far too old to call me mummy."
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:00

My heart broke! Poor Evangeline...
Back to top Go down
https://potterrp.rpg-board.net
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:02

You see why she is the way she is?

I was writing it like 'I am really screwing this girl up'.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:02

Oh my gosh Sad
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:03

I like how Lauren's was cute and mine was like 'Yeah so I've decided to give her deep psychological issues'.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:05

Well, it's...variety.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:10

Varying kinds of tears.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:12

Red ones.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:13

All the tears smell the same
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:13

That's macabre.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:20

Look what you've done to us.
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:26

I'm sorry
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:34

The sky was a brilliant blue and the sun was shining, marking the day as quite possibly the most important day in the history of the world. Not because the atmosphere wasn’t, for once, a dull, bleak grey – no, it was because Millicent Rugwald was finally leaving for her first year of Hogwarts.

The girl herself, a short thing with straight brown hair and sparkling blue eyes, was bouncing up and down with excitement as they stood in the train station. She had everything she needed; her books, her robes, a mewing kitten that would soon become her closest companion, and best of all, her wand.

“Now, listen to me,” her father said, grabbing her shoulders and gently turning her to face him. “You see that wall right there?” He pointed to a wall in the middle of the station, and Millie nodded rapidly. “You’re going to run straight through it.”

“I’m going to run into it?” the girl exclaimed incredulously.

“Yes. And that will bring you to Platform 9 and 3/4.”

Millie gave both her mother and her father one last, nervous look, then aligned herself and her trolley with the wall. She took a deep breath, squeezed her eyes shut, and then took off at full speed towards the wall.

“No! Millie, no, that’s the wrong-” Her mother, Matilda, began, but was interrupted by her daughter crashing into a solid wall. The trolley and its contents went everywhere and Millie was knocked back onto the ground. She winced, feeling a small jab of pain on her arm, but that feeling was quickly overridden by the burn of embarrassment. Tears stung her eyes but she refused to cry, for her father always told her the only pain worth crying over was the loss of love. It was the only thing magic couldn’t fix.

“Oh, Millie darling,” Matilda crooned as she raced over to help her daughter up. “Your father meant that one.” She pointed to pillar next to the one Millie had crashed into. Cheeks still burning, Millie scrambled to her feet, uprighted her trolley, and gathered her things.

"I’m sorry, daddy,” she mumbled, looking down at her shoes. One shoe was tied and the other’s lace was flopping carelessly in the wind. She watched in amazement as her father produced his wand and murmured something under his breath. The bright stream of blood running from the cut on her arm dried up, and the cut closed up, leaving nothing but a small white sliver of scar tissue.

“No matter. The correct one this time, please,” Rogin said, and together, the two parents guided their daughter through the wall and onto platform 9 and 3/4. After her ears popped and her stomach felt like it was flip-flopping and turning inside out, Millie and her family emerged on the other side. Millie gazed in awe at all the people milling around, shouting to their friends, students poking their heads out the windows of the train to say their last goodbyes to their families.

“We’re late, so we only have a few minutes,” said Rogin. He knelt down in front of Millie with his hands on her shoulders. “Keep up with your studies. Study for every exam. Above all, make the right choices.” Millie had a slightly stricken look on her face as she leaned in to hug her father. “Make a name for us, Mil.” Rogin stepped away, and Matilda took his place. She gave her daughter a kind smile. It was the kind of smile that warmed hearts and reminded you of warm chocolate chip cookies. Well, it did to Millie, anyway.

“Millie, sweetie,” Matilda whispered, stroking her daughter’s soft hair. “Don’t be nervous, especially to be sorted. I was too. Everyone is. We love you regardless of what house you get. And you’ll make friends easily. Darling, these years will be the best years of your life.”

Millie watched her mother with wide eyes. “But what if I fail daddy?”

“Don’t worry about daddy, Matilda murmured. “This is your life. Live it the way you want to.” She leaned close to whisper into her daughter’s ear. “I never liked the idea of a Ministry job either. You’re far too talented to sit at a desk all day.”

Millie pulled back in shock, though there was a wide grin on her face. “Really?”

Her mother nodded slowly. “Really. You’ll make a great journalist someday, Millie. Your father may have different ideas, dear, but know I will do my best to ensure no one stands in the way of your dreams.”

She stood up just as the last whistle sounded, and all the remaining students began to shuffle onto the train. Quickly, Millie gave her parents one last hug.

“I love you,” she whispered to them, then pulled away and let herself be pushed by the crowd onto the train. Hurriedly, she found an empty compartment and pushed up the window, then stuck her head out to wave to her parents. The train began to move, and the last thing she saw was her mother’s watery smile before her parents became two tiny specks on the horizon.

The compartment door opened. Millie whirled around to see a group of three girls standing there. “Anyone sitting here?” A girl asked, the one who seemed to be the leader of the little trio.

Millie swallowed hard and shook her head. “No! No, not at all, you can- feel free to sit. Please.” The girls smiled at Millie and each of them took a seat in the compartment.

“So, have you ever seen a Quidditch game?” asked one of the girls.

“No, I don’t think I have…”
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:36

Cuuuuuuteeee
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:38

N'awww! It wasn't even emotionally disturbing!
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:39

Not even remotely!
Back to top Go down
DramaticFreak
Admin
DramaticFreak

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:40

I cringed when she ran into the wrong wall.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:43

I laughed.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:43

I had an out of body experience.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

Oh I see.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:44

It could have been the chicken I had for dinner.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:48

Chicken does tend to have that effect on people. Sometimes I feel a little floaty.
Back to top Go down
SpaceGirl
Admin
SpaceGirl

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:51

Ah. The floaty chicken times.
Back to top Go down
Lurking Toilet Monster
Queen
Queen
Lurking Toilet Monster

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 01 Sep 2014, 09:52

Now I feel like photoshopping a chicken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Games and Stuff!   RP Games and Stuff! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RP Games and Stuff!
Page 4 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Potter RP :: RPG :: A Very Potter RP-
Jump to: